Two out of three homes in the US are underinsured. Your home is likely your largest asset. We’ll help you find a quality policy to protect your assets from the unforeseen.
Know Your Home Insurance Coverage
What can my Home Insurance cover?
- Other Structures
- Loss of Use
- Personal Liability
- Medical Payments
- Valuable items by endorsement
What is likely excluded from my Home Insurance?
- Earth Movement
- Water Damage*
- Power Interruption
- Nuclear Hazard
- Intentional Loss
- Governmental Action
- Criminal Acts
- Diminished Value
- Fungi, Wet or Dry Rot, or Bacteria
- Business Use of home*
- *available by endorsement. Flood policies available.
Content is for educational purposes only and is not an offer of coverage. Please read and understand your specific policy coverage and exclusions.
Novallus Insurance Tips
What to consider when selecting your coverage.
- Is the dwelling coverage quoted enough to rebuild my home?
- Can I afford to pay the deductible if I have a loss?
- Do I have a separate wind / hail deductible?
- Do I have enough liability coverage?
- Compile a room by room inventory with photos and receipts when available and store it in the cloud.
- Alert your agent to any home improvements or contents purchases to make sure you’re within your coverage limits.
- If your home becomes vacant let your agent know.
- Watch for any limits of undamaged roofing, siding, or flooring and understand your policy coverage.
Eric just bought a new home in the city – a rambler with a large detached garage. A few weeks after he moved in his garage started on fire. He’s an avid outdoorsman and was just moving in so there were a lot of items in the garage. The fire department extinguished the fire and claims was called to inspect the damage. Within a few days, he had a check in his hand to rebuild the garage and replace his damaged items.
Eric discussed the size of his garage with his agent. They determined it would cost more than the typical 10% other structures coverage to rebuild it, so the limit was increased. He also selected replacement cost coverage on his contents so he was able to buy new items for the old items that were damaged.
Before you drop collision coverage on that old beater, read on. What is collision coverage? Collision coverage is coverage for …Read More
“I just bought a new car and financed it. The finance department encouraged me to get loan gap coverage for …Read More
Traditional v Roth IRA: What’s the Difference?[Guest Blog Post] When helping clients decide which retirement account is right for them, …Read More